Saturday, November 12, 2011

Coloured Tights

On November 8th Everybody, Everywhere did a theme of coloured tights. I was a day late and am just now getting around to posting my entry.

November 9


Sweater: Alfred Sung for Zellers (oh how far he has fallen)
Dress: Shabby Apple
Necklace: vintage from Meow in Guelph
Tights: Hue
Shoes: Fluevog Blind Faith Mid Corey

This is another Shabby Apple dress. It's well made but the jersey is a little thin so I have to wear a slip with it.

Red is my favourite colour (hence the red in my hair) so red tights are a no brainer for me. I like how they brighten up an otherwise dull outfit.




I bought this necklace at a vintage/thrift store in Guelph, Ontario called Meow. I go to this store every time I'm in my hometown and I always find something cool. So does my husband who buys stuff for photoshoots.

As an aside, it's so funny to be in a thrift or consignment store and have my husband (B) yell "BETSEY JOHNSON SPIKE HEELS FOR $20!"

He's the one who bought me this badge/button that I'm wearing here. He knows me well.
Here's the shoes. Fluevog Blind Faith Mid | Corey.

I bought these at the Haight Street store in San Francisco in 2009. I like how shiny they are. I don't think these shoes were very popular which is a shame because they are so classic.

I mentioned above about wearing a slip. One blogger that I admire is Amelia - The Vintage Vivant. She doesn't post very often anymore but I love her The Ladies' Society for the Reinstatement of Proper Undergarments. Slips can hide no end of lumps and bumps, not to mention hide your lady bits from being put on display. I've found many slips at Value Village since no one seems to wear them anymore.

I forgot to take my picture on Friday which is terrible since I was wearing a great t-shirt. I'll try to get a picture of it soon. Those who know me will know that it's 100% true.




Everybody, Everywear: Colored Tights

2 comments:

  1. Love the red tights! Glad to see I wasn't the only one with a belated EBEW post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those red tights look nice on you! I might have to get me a pair now!

    ReplyDelete