Sunday, December 4, 2011

Friday Fail

Here's an example of something that just didn't work and ended up being extremely unflattering.

December 2

Blouse: gift from coworker
Waistcoat: Anthropologie.com
Skirt: Isaac Mizrahi for Target via Value Village
Legs: Noa Noa
Shoes: Tn_29 - gravitypope.com

I love the idea of this waistcoat but I have to admit that it does nothing flattering for my figure. It gives me a sausage casing like appearance. It's also not very well made and I have had to sew the snap buttons on more than once. I'm not quite ready to give up on it yet but it may end up in my thrift pile by the end of the winter.

This skirt was a last minute replacement for another skirt that wasn't working. Unfortunately I hadn't had a chance to iron it so it's not sitting very well. Another fail.




As you can see, my tights are striped rather than solid beige. I threw convention to the wind and wore white shoes.

I saw these shoes at the Gravity Pope store in Vancouver when I was there last May but they were over $400. I got them on sale on the website a few months ago for less than 1/2 price. I thought that was a good score.







This coming week I'll be participating in Megan Mae's and Keely's Neutrals week Fashion Challenge. Each day will focus on a particular neutral colour.

Here's the schedule:

Monday - Black (Easy!)
Tuesday - Grey
Wednesday - Brown
Thursday - Cognac (might not be able to do this one)
Friday - Navy
Saturday - Pop of Colour

Who knows what I'll pull together.




2 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog from Megan's and I love your style! :) Looking forward to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a fabulous looking waistcoat. It probably would have been better balanced by a more fitted skirt. The shoes were a great score!

    ReplyDelete