Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Olive (not) Drab

On the weekend, I visited a few thrift stores looking for some last minute unique gifts. I failed miserably at finding things for other people but I was quite successful in finding some new things for me. Isn't that always the way?

December 19
This is what I wore on Monday.



Dress: i clothing co. (thrifted from Elsie's)
Boots: Anthropologie (eBay)
Tights: Sock Dreams

I thought this dress what kind of interesting with the buttons on the top left on a slant and a zipper up the side. I also appreciate the pocket on the front.

I'm wearing two pairs of tights here. I layered a pair of olive crochet tights over a pair of plain opaque black tights for added warmth since winter has finally arrived in Nova Scotia.


These boots are a tiny bit big for me so the two pair of tights made them fit a little better. These boots were an impulse buy on eBay and I've had some trouble styling them since their are an odd brown/mustard colour. I think they work fairly well with this dress.




I'm only working four days this week and then I'm off for the holidays until next Wednesday. I hope everyone has a nice quiet week.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love this dress. The mix of classic element with the funky boots is very fun. I had a similar shade of boots that I also found hard to style. I eventually got rid of them. I love the button detailing of your boots though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Killer boots! And I love your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love those boots. I love anything that has a slightly military look or Victorian flare.

    ReplyDelete