Monday, April 2, 2012

Black and Burgundy

Happy April! Today's weather was totally weird. It was overcast, then it snowed, then it was sunny, then it was raining. I guess that's why people say "If you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes". April is the month where most people here hope that it will start to get warm but it rarely does. It just hovers around the 8C mark and everyone start going crazy.

After taking these pictures, I realized that my hair matched my clothes.


Jacket: Filene's Basement in DC
Dress: Shabby Apple via Pretty Things Boutique
Belt: Smart Set
Boots: Fluevog Baroque | Velazquez

I saw that Sheila had bought these boots in Vancouver and I remembered that I hadn't worn mine for an outfit photo. I wasn't surprised that she had bought them since we seem to have the same taste in everything.


Here's the outfit sans jacket. This dress is so comfortable and the jersey fabric is very soft, but I fear it will not stand the test of time. The quality isn't so great so I'll have to clean it carefully to keep it looking good as long as possible.

Today while I was at work, the woman who owns my favourite used clothing store (Elsie's) called me to say she had received a few Smoking Lily items. So I went in and left with a dress, a blouse and a little zippered purse. I may regret asking her to call me to tell me about these acquisitions.

The blouse is a very bright emerald green that I'm super stoked about! I'll probably wear it tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Ahh, those boots are incredible! I can't wait to see how Sheila wears her's. I think you both have incredible style. Looking forward to your new Smoking Lily pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome boots! You are lucky to have a friend at your shop...I look forward to seeing your green top. Smoking Lily stuff is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I know you had these boots?? That's crazy! We do have the exact same taste, or at least 99% the same.

    I love the dress - how cool. The draping is lovely.

    Can't wait to see your new Smoking Lily items! Did I tell you I found another cape? A pink one for only $24.99.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best boots in the world, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete