Monday, April 30, 2012

Little Black Dress

Monday is a harsh mistress. I totally wasn't ready for the weekend to end even if I didn't do anything interesting. Just watched a lot of playoff hockey even though I'm not a fan of the teams left. Stupid Penguins and Canucks and Senators!

Today I had to brief my Deputy, who is the top bureaucrat in the department, so I dressed for the occasion. Plus, it's freakin' cold here!



Dress: Trina Turk (from NYC a few years ago)
Blouse: 172 grams from Renaissance
Shoes: Fluevog Wonders | Ayers

I hadn't planned to layer this blouse under this dress - it was a last minute addition. The sleeves on this top are quite fitted on the upper arm but they are belled and flowy at the bottom which makes it more interesting. It's also quite a long blouse so I was worried that it might peak out at the bottom but I got lucky there.





You know what's great? A dress with lining. All dresses should be lined. And have pockets.  I wish this dress had pockets; then it would be the perfect little black dress.


Today's flair. Duran Duran baby!

8 comments:

  1. Today was the weirdest day. However you chose a perfect outfit for a business meeting. It's got a very suit vibe without being an actual or mixed suit. The blouse looks like it feels like floaty air.

    I'm tempted to agree with you on the lining thing however living in the South - it sucks butt having lined items sometimes. Lining is usually acetate even in pricier brands, and acetate against the skin in the Southern humid heat is like the most heinous of torture. My favorite thing about All Saints is their tendency to line with smooth cotton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tights are spectacular - the pinstripe suit on your legs. This is a SERIOUS look with great twists of fun. I like that billowy sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blouse under the dress! It looks really good and you can't tell that it is a really long blouse. I too like dresses that have lining and pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layering! I hate when dresses aren't lined.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan you always looks amazing and I love this entire outfit! The sleeves of the blouse with the striped tights. Perfection! I have not been commenting much lately but know that I am always looking at your outfits and full of envy over your Fluevog collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a beautiful blog with so many inspiring posts! Congrats on your work!
    Would you like to keep in touch following each other?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I am a fan of fully lined dresses just because they make getting dressed so easy - with no peeking and pulling of slips all day.

    Those tights rock and make your legs look, like, nine miles long!

    Did I say "Wow" yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I stumbled on your blog just now as I googled Fluevog's Wonders Ayers shoe. They are on sale right now, but even then I don't have enough extra spending money to get them. It's so sad, because I'm not a "shoe-gal," and I'm totally in love with these shoes!

    How well do they fit? Are they comfortable? I haven't read through your blog really so I don't know what kind of work you do... but can you wear them all day without a care in the world? I've read some great reviews, but you seem to know what you're doing when it comes to this shoe thing. :)


    P.S. You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete