Wednesday, April 25, 2012

More than just colour and shape

Today was a bit of a better day but we've gotten very busy. My job is quite variable - sometimes busy and sometimes slow. We're definitely in a busy period. So busy I almost forgot to take outfit pictures.

 I'm smiling again!

Blouse: Club Monaco
Dress: forEvaMore etsy store
Belt: From another dress
Shoes: Desigual

I discovered that Desigual had started making shoes from Sal in this post on Already Pretty and like her, I also knew I was done for. I had to track down a seller that would ship to Canada which I found on eBay. These aren't as elaborate or as patterned as some of the Desigual shoes but I love the stripes (which you can't see in these photos) and blocks of colour.

I'm not a big fan of pink but I figured that I could deal with a pink heel.

Of the shoes, I think I'm in love.


I last wore this dress "pre-blog" but I have a photo here. It's just a thin fabric sheath with some strategically sewn folds on the bodice.































Here's an instagram photo of the shoes so you can see the stripes. I'm meganfluevog on instagram if you want to add me.

6 comments:

  1. I love those shoes! Ah!! The colour blocking is awesome, and the stripes are just too cool.

    I like the slightly dropped waist you have going with the skinny belt.

    Glad today was better for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'll admit - you make me want to buy All. The. Shoes. Haha, seriously, those are adorable.

    Your dress is awesome, simple with that funky flair of the neckline. Also I'm just realizing, I stumbled across your flickr awhile before I found your blog!

    Glad life is looking up. Hope it keeps that way tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someday I hope you do a post just on your shoe and boot collection! Your shoe-hunting perseverance really paid off here, but don't you hate that UPS customs fee every time?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love the shoes!!!!

    and the outfit is nice too...love your hair..with the highlights!!

    http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luuuuuve the shoes!!!! Im into Desigual as well, at least for the moderate patterns. :) I havent checked out their new shoe line as the shoes are not available in my country.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute shoes! I love them! Not too much pink at all, it's subtle.

    I hear you on sometimes being busy and sometimes being slow at work. It just depends on the day sometimes!

    ReplyDelete