Saturday, May 5, 2012

Jetta, Boo-girl, Little One


Jetta
???? - May 5, 2012

I adoped Jetta in April 2008 from a local shelter. They guessed that she was about 10 but couldn't be sure. She was a stray that had been with them for a while since no one wants older cats so they gave her to me for nothing.

Over the years she has been through a lot - a benign tumour on her mammary gland, a few tooth extractions and finally what we believe was lymphoma in her intestines. After losing half her body weight in 3 weeks it was time to let her go.

I'll miss you my little one, my boo-boo, my boo-girl. I'll miss your high fives, your meow that sounded like Selma from the Simpsons, and your love of chicken. We were lucky to have you in our lives.

6 comments:

  1. Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that, I remember you saying she wasn't doing so well. She sounds like she was a pretty fun girl. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, Megan. I'm so sorry to hear about Jetta. She sounds like her final years were spent with lots of love and a very happy home. Older cats need love too, and it sounds like Jetta received lots of it. E-hugs and sympathies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no, your poor little girl! I'm so sorry to hear of this, Megan, so sorry for your loss.

    Jetta will have a grand time playing with Inigo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Megan, it's so hard to lose our beloved four-leggeds. I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, but so glad that you opened your home to an older kitteh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is never easy when we lose a much loved pet:(
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete