Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Stripes and dots and stripes, OH MY!

Today my co-worker asked me if I plan my outfits in advance and strangely I don't. Or if I do, I generally change my mind in the morning. I guess I'm a "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of girl. I'm easily distracted and give in to my whims.


For example, I didn't know what to wear today so I picked out a pair of shoes and built this around them.

Sweater: Pretty Things Boutique (last worn here)
T-shirt: Lilith from Paris
Belt: from Lüt Boutique in Vancouver
Skirt: Smoking Lily (gift from Sheila, last worn here)
Shoes: Anna Sui for Hush Puppies (last worn here)

Another co-worker (Hi L!) jokingly noted that HORRORS, I'd be showing these shoes again so soon on the blog! Forgive me.

Whenever I tell people that these are Hush Puppies they are pretty shocked. I guess I should be more clear and say they are Anna Sui for Hush Puppies but not many people I work with will have heard of Anna Sui. Oh well.



Know you're weird. No, you're weird!

7 comments:

  1. Magical outfit. I love how everything works together in this outfit, yet each "is unlike the other"....polka dots, stripes, flirty bows...LOVELY :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet outfit! I love all the black and white patterns.

    Yay, I'm so glad you're getting wear out of that skirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super awesome outfit. I love how these pieces are working together. The layering is great, and the shoes are perfect with that cardigan. I'm pretty stoked to see them again so soon.

    I was admittedly like "hmmm but what would you wear them with" when you first posted them, and you've already proven them remixable! I still get hung up on how to pair things.

    I've gotten a little better with planning ahead, challenges help, but with weather so changeable I often have to change something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that top with your shoes in particular. The buttons are too funny. If one person wore them both, that would be interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your shoes, I know I said that before, but I really love these. They are fun and you've styled them well!

    I don't really plan my outfits too far in advance either, weather changes so often where I live and sometimes it depends on how I feel when I wake up!

    I love those buttons, I seriously did laugh out loud when I saw them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty cool oufit youve got goin :) love the mix of different patterns. :) I prefer to plan my outfits ahead as I dont have time to fool around in my closet in the morning. Sometimes I must reconsider my outfit due to shifty weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love these shoes, must make them my own! :)

    ReplyDelete