Sunday, August 12, 2012

April showers get out of my way

Today I had the opportunity to get a little more dressed up than I normally would on a Sunday. My friend Karen is getting married next Saturday so there was a little shower for her today. The theme was "tea party".


How'd I do? Tea party-ish?

Dress: Biscuit General store (last worn in my header)
Necklace: gift from my sister
Shoes: Franco Sarto (last worn here)
Lippy: MAC Russian Red

The humidity just won't quit so in order to tame the frizzies in my hair I used a lot of product and a very hot flat iron. It was a struggle.

I also think I'm wearing too much eye make-up but what the heck.


Crinoline! I bought this at Pretty Things Boutique months ago but it's been at B's photo studio where it has appeared in a few photos.

It makes me feel like an extra from Moulin Rouge. Alas, I had no opportunity to "yes you can-can-can" while I was out. It was too hot anyway.

Going to watch the Olympic closing ceremonies now. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

10 comments:

  1. I love your petticoat-shaking shot! And I am a little envious that you have a RED petticoat... I want one!
    That frock is a beauty, you should wear it often, it fits you like a dream.
    Hair and make-up get the thumbs up from me, and red Dorothy shoes are always a winner!
    Did the bride-to-be like her tea cosy?
    PS. Watching the end of the closing ceremony as I type, looking forward to Rio already! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you look so pretty! I love your shoes. Hope you had a great time at the shower and enjoy the olympic closing ceremonies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, love the red petticoat...and the red shoes...and the red lips! Such a pretty dress too! I watched part of the closing ceremonies, but missed seeing Annie Lennox on the ship, darn it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Your hair looks fabulous. 2. Your makeup (esp the eyeshadow) looks great. 3. Your outfit and makeup are more easily appreciated when shot close up. Nice all around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look wonderfully tea party-ish! I love the crinoline!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is such a cute dress!!! Love the red explosion on the second photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tried to comment last night using my iPad but everything froze up and kicked me off, and I just got pissed and went to bed :P

    But here's what happened when I saw this dress, I squee'd, "That's the one I love at the top of her blog!" Such a good dress for everything happy and fun.

    I don't think you're wearing too much eye make-up. I think we're supposed to wear more for photos, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun dress, esp with the crinoline - you look just perfect for a tea party, with a can-can for extra funs. Thanks for linking up to Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete