Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Cream, black, and a modicum of red

I'm never going to understand mail delivery. You may remember my recent issues with Canada Post misplacing my package. Well, a few weeks ago I ordered an Obi belt from Megan from MMD. She lives in Tennessee and hasn't arrived. Yet I ordered a dress from Dorothy Perkins in the UK last week and it arrived today. Things from France also arrive in a week or less. Why oh why do things from the USA take forever?


How's this for crazy pattern mixing? Zoinks!

Sweater: Pretty Things Boutique (last worn here)
Shirt: Lilith in France (last worn here)
Skirt: Krista Larsen (last worn here)
Shoes: Fluevog Presence | Impulse (last worn here) Currently on SALE!

I've worn this shirt and cardigan combination before but this is the first time I've thought to wear it with this skirt.

Last time I wore this skirt I wore it with crazy shoes, tights and an asymmetrical blouse. Although this mixes three patterns it's pretty subdued when compared to the other outfit.


The modicum of red is on the back of the shoes. I have to wear blister guards on my heels when I wear these shoes. I hope they break in soon.

I like that the back of the shoes forms a diamond and emulates the triangle on the back of the skirt. I didn't realize it did this until I saw this photo. I should take back shots everyday!

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, we are both in polka dots today! Love the outfit - so many lovely patterns. That skirt is da bomb (do the cool kids still say that? lol).

    Sorry the shoes are hurting. :( I hope they get better for you soon! Can you wear thick socks with them around the house to stretch 'em out a bit?

    It boggles me that any mail to/from the US takes so darned long. Ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww noo! I can't believe it still hasn't shown up yet. Sheila's been having issues getting late packages from me. If it doesn't show up soon, I'll either send you a new belt or give you a refund. Just keep me posted.

    I love the pattern mixing. That cardigan is so perfectly classic. I also love how you realized your shoes and skirt match! I love happy accidents like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had packages get to Australia (from NYC) faster than to Canada. It's a real problem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your Dorothy Perkins dress - one of my fave dresses I see on other bloggers. I'm just limited to drooling over the catalog pics :P

    Love your pattern mixing, and you are right about the shoe and skirt patterns. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that pattern mixing. I wake up each day wondering if my love for pattern mixing is still there or not. Does that make me weird?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Polka dots and plaid!! My favorite things!! This is my new favorite outfit on you! I'm sure it helps that the colors all go together nicely, but it is so nice overall, I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pattern mixing, I salute your braveness. I am not skilled in this area. And I like how you are on tippy toes when doing the backwards shot...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love this! Throw all those patterns in the monochrome mix and see what happens!
    And matching diamonds too - who knew?! xxxx

    ReplyDelete