Wednesday, August 15, 2012

More than just color and shape

It has been very humid here in the big city so I've been sticking with lighter, natural fabrics and more voluminous clothing to try and keep cool.

Today it was less hot and humid so I risked wearing 100% man made fibres.



When I bought these shoes at Fluevog in Toronto, I guessed that they would go well with this dress.

Dress: H&M (last worn here)
Shoes: Fluevog Writes | Simone (now on sale)

Not a bad combination.

I have a coworker, originally from Egypt, who sometimes complements my outfits. Today he came to my office and said "Can I tell you that you look lovely in that dress?"  Sweet man. =)




Back view of stripes.

That's all I got! Good night!


EDITED TO ADD:

Welcome Amber of Butane Anvil to the blogging world and to the exclusive club of bloggers who have posted photos of themselves under their desks! 

9 comments:

  1. How dare you post a link to the sale shoes at Fluevog! I'm outraged! I got in trouble with the man for ordering two pairs of Fluevogs in the last month, so I have to be good...but I really like those!

    It's a great dress - I wonder if your Egyptian co-worker was reminder of hieroglyphics or pharaoh headdresses? Those are very much the colours the ancient Egyptians used.

    Looking gorgeous, Megan! It's pretty hot out here on the west coast too...whew...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right - those shoes DO go with this dress, and probably so many other delightful outfits in your closet are lining up to go on a date with those shoes! How lovely to get compliments from men when we feel fine or, better yet, when we feel less than fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh lovely new Vogs! And they do go perfectly with that dress. I agree with Sheila, the colors are reminiscent of ancient Egypt/desert-y colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing dress, shoes are GREAT on you, your coworker is right: ever lovely all together! I'd been wondering which Fluevogs came home with you.

    Megan, thank you so much for the welcome link! It means so much to me, and I am wicked proud to be an under-desk blogger!!!

    Here in SW Ont. we've finally been having a bit of a rainy spell. I think. I've been too long submerged in windowless chill, lost track of seasonal appropriateness, and wore Halloween orange and black today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dress and the colours, and the shoes are perfect with it. I really like the deep V neckline.
    Compliments are always a good thing. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, another blogger under desk? I must check that out!

    This dress is awesome. It's colorful without being overdone and the stripes are super flattering! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not even looking at the Fluevog sale link since I fell off the I'm not shopping resolution rather badly recently.

    I love, love, love this dress on you, with the great colors, and of course, the perfect shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the stripes!! and the Fluevogs, of course...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I said 'wow' when your picture came up on my reader. What a great print! Your colleague also has great taste.

    ReplyDelete