Thursday, August 2, 2012

Scissors and Swans and Skulls

PINK! It's PINK!


Sweater: Pretty Things Boutique
Dress: Dorothy Perkins
Leggings: Who knows?
Shoes: J. Crew via Value Village
Earrings: from Put Me On
Necklace: from Biscuit General Store

This dress is called "swan print shift dress" but the first thing I saw when I looked at it was the skulls right at the waist.  I also thought it looked a little "Alexander McQueen-esque". It was 30% off and then I got another 10% off for joining the site so it didn't cost very much.

The back of the dress is just plain black. I do wish that the pattern was all the way around.









I do like the little black cap sleeves. 

I don't think I could ever wear this as a dress, without tights or leggings, so it's more of a tunic to me.

These shoes are suede J. Crew flats that I got a few years ago at Value Village for $5.99.  On the J. Crew site simlar flats are $150.00. Crazy price! I got a bargain.





Today I was making these earrings look like birds nests and my necklace is scissors that really move. They don't cut anything though. =)

In the early 1990s, when the internet was still in its infancy and text based, I used to participate in Internet Relay Chat (IRC) discussion groups. My nickname was "Scissors". This necklace is my remembrance of times past. 

8 comments:

  1. I didn't even notice the swans - my eye went right to the skulls too! Such a cool tunic, but I agree, why not spend a teensy bit more and have the pattern wrap around. Do designers think we're only seen from the front?

    Love the lavender ballet slippers, and I like the scissors very much - what a neat remembrance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serious thrifted shoe envy occurring here. The scissor pendant is so cool, and I do love the cap sleeves and graphics on the dress, especially around the neckline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww that dress is soo cool. It definitely does have a McQueen look to it, the first thing I noticed too were the skulls.

    Thinking about early computers baffles my brain at how quickly technology has advanced in my lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There must be a branch of Dorothy Perkins on every high street and in every shopping centre in the UK, and yet I never look there. And it seems I am missing out, because that tunic dress is fabulous, love the print.
    Liking the jewellery too - the scissors are cute but I am really taken with those little eggs-a-nest earrings. I always look for earrings with those little clasps at the back, they are harder to lose! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent thrifting score with the J. Crew flats. I like the print on the tunic - it is McQueen-esque! I agree, I couldn't wear it as just a dress; it's just that much too short, but it looks great with the black layering pieces which make the print really stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd wear it as a tunic too - but it's fabulous! The print is amazing! I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's very McQueen-esque - I love it!!!

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am now definitely going to check out my local DP now, other than a green coat bought aeons ago I haven't seen anything as lovely as that tunic. You are enabling my shopping...

    ReplyDelete