Monday, October 15, 2012

Miss Mary Mac, all dressed in black

I bought this dress a few years ago in San Francisco and this is only the second time I've worn it. That's just wrong.

You know what else is wrong? I'm wearing the same top that I wore last Thursday! What is wrong with me?


Oh, I think I need a haircut.

Top: Dynamite (last worn last Thursday)
Dress: Judy Tampa
Belt: Noujica from The Workshop in Ottawa
Shoes: Fluevog Wonders | Ayers (last worn here)

Adding this belt to this dress makes it look like a Smoking Lily dress.





Today after work I went over to my friends house for dinner and to watch the last two episodes of Season 3 of Downton Abbey. Talk about DRAMA! So heartrendingly good. 

I seem to have embraced the shorter length of skirt/dress. I've been feeling more confident about myself and my body image lately. I chalk it up to some positive changes in my life. I'm happy.

To my fellow bloggers, I'm way behind in reading posts. I hope to get caught up and back to commenting soon. Sorry for the radio silence.

9 comments:

  1. I think you've looked a lot happier lately. I'm glad to know things are going better for you. The lace top looks awesome under the dress and helps bring out the design on the waist band.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like a Smoking Lily dress! I totally thought it was. Love all the textures in this outfit.

    Glad you're happier, hon. You deserve it. And thank you, now I have "Mary Mac" stuck in my head (the Great Big Sea version).

    ReplyDelete
  3. A dress with really excellent pockets! Hooray for beautiful, beautiful happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too am desperately behind in blogland - no worries!

      Delete
  4. I really do love that top. Such a good sleeve length.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Positive changes, feeling happy, shorter skirts/dresses - it's all good, Megan!
    The belt looks amazing with your dress, I am loving the big pockets too.
    Funny thing with hair - fine, fine, still fine, then bam, all out of shape and needs attention. Mine has just done that too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. As another commenter pointed out, you have had a lot more smiles in your photos - glad things are on the up-and-up for you! Yay for shorter dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad things are better for you. Please do stick to the shorter length, you have lovely legs and as my Nanna would say, 'you should get them out, dear!'. (Btw, she has always worn skirts - never ever a pair of trousers! That is sartorial dedication, don't you think?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loveDownton Abbey, season 3 has just aired in Norway, only the the first two episodes so far. :) seems I have something to lookfoward to :) I love it when you are smiling in your photos, keep smiling! :) Im glad to hear you are feeling happy. :)

    ReplyDelete