Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Witch boots

I'm back after a short hiatus. It kind of looked like I was celebrating 1 year of blogging and then closing up shop. Sorry about that.

I hope everyone on the east coast is safe and not suffering too much under the wrath of the storm Sandy. I've lived through 1 hurricane (Juan) and 1 tropical storm (Igor) and I know how unpredictable and scary they can be. You really can't predict what they will do.

Since tomorrow is my favourite holiday, I thought I'd finally wear my "vintage" Fluevog swordfish boots. I posted these on the Fluevog Facebook page asking them if they could tell me anything else about them.



 I think these look like boots a witch (as in cartoon/caricatureish) would wear. Like Witchy poo from H.R. Pufnstuf.



 Damn those Kroft brothers must have been on some very very bad hallucinogenic drugs.



Cardigan: Club Monaco (worn numerous times)
Top: Anthropologie
Skirt: Krista Larsen (last worn here)
Boots: Fluevog Swordfish ? via Etsy


Here's a better look at the top. I like that it's plain but has gathers which give some visual interest. Or something like that.

Happy Halloween!

7 comments:

  1. LOVE the boots. Great top as well.

    I LOVED HRPuffinstuff. I had such a crush on the boy. Only now (in my 40s) do I see the...uhm...weirder aspects. A boy with his magic flute? Those must have been some great drugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now those are some fabulous boots! I love boots, they are one of my favourite things...
    Lovely gingham skirt and that sheer top is cute and sexy, woohoo!
    What's your costume of choice for Halloween, Megan? Hope you are going to show us! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those boots - how wonderful! They are totally Witchypoo - I adored all Sid & Marty Kroft shows when I was a kid (I hold a special fondness for Electro-Woman and Dyna-Girl - why, I do not know).

    Are you dressing up for Hallowe'en?? I hope so! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very modern 'witch'. Hope you find some more about the boots. I had a great drive-by commenter that finally revealed the past of my Jean boots from the Time family. I love your sheer blouse, the seaming makes it perfectly unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the transparent top. Those boots, hm - they are pretty cool. I hope you get a little background on them. You are looking quite amazing these days. What do you eat for breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really, really excellent boots! Great find!

    Love the gathers on the top and the gingham skirt as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the boots! They're awesome! I hope you can find out more about them! And you are right, the gathering does make that top really interesting! I love it!

    ReplyDelete