Friday, November 2, 2012

Birds, Buttons, Stripes and Pants

Yes, I'm wearing PANTS again. Crazy! It's like I'm a whole other person.

I kind of am because these pants actually fit again. Last time I wore them I couldn't do up the top button and I felt like a sausage.




Blouse: Papillion (last worn here)
Belt: Jacob
Pants: Trapper Jane (last worn here)
Boots: Miss L Fire (last worn here)

The weather here has been unseasonably warm. Like 15C warm rather than the usual 0-3C. Still cool enough though to haul out the buttony boots.





With secret striped socks that you can't see when I'm not hitching up the leg of my trousers.

Or hitching them both up. The first photo was more revealing than I would like for this G rated blog so I had to hold my blouse for a second shot.

I'm going out tonight for dinner and then to see a concert of Old Man Luedeke. Good way to start the weekend.

I hope everyone had a good Friday.

15 comments:

  1. Nothing like the secret hidden power of the striped sock! The incredible shrinking fashionable bureaucrat, but, wow, exploding at the same time with je ne sais quoi. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the socks with those boots! Such a perfect match. Glad the pants fit you again. It's always exciting when you get to reunite with beloved pieces. I was so happy to be able to wear just a tee shirt today after several winter-cold days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh don't be such a tease, Megan, flash us some cleavage - you know you want to!
    I love those buttony boots, they look great with the cropped trousers. The slouchy casual low belt works well with the blouse too. I wish I could work that look but I have to have a belt tight on my waist or I look like a weird shaped sack of root vegetables. Ah well, I can admire it on you from afar, albeit in a rather jealous fashion!
    Hope dinner and your concert were both excellent, have a great weekend! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the secret socks are wonderful! So are the buttony boots. And I love your red-fringed hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, I adore those boots so much. Hee, to the boob shot - I've had to redo a few of my pictures! Happy weekend, Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the outfit and your confidence showing through in photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the outfit and your confidence showing through in photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Patti, I just love secret socks! Hope you enjoyed the dinner and the concert. By the way, I have just read your last few posts and my fave is the halloween outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo funky socks!!! You should totally wear them on their own, not hidden under pants ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm liking this slightly-more-casual look on you - those are funky pants, and with the buttoned boots and belted tunic they make a stellar outfit. I'm all about the power of stripey socks and tights!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You ans your unique attires, and gorgeous shoes, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. You kill me everytime.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sock and boot combo is so cute, vintage and modern at the same time. I love the last picture of you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hee hee, I love your secret socks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Total dolly, down to the round brass belt buckle, secret stripes, and button-y booties. Pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete