Saturday, June 29, 2013

A week's worth of outfits

I'm going to have to change up my usual blog "format" to handle a week's worth of photos.

Thank you to Ariane of Style Sud Est for reminding me that I don't have to say something prophetic every time I do a post. I just need to be myself and Have Fun! That's going to be my weekend theme. It's Pride week here in Toronto and tomorrow I'm going to watch the parade with my Pride Guide who may or may not be helping me get some photos with the Traveling Yellow Skirt.

Anyway, on with the cavalcade of  clothing. For some reason I didn't take photos on Monday...

June 25


Top: anthropologie (last worn here)
Skirt: Studio Gang (last worn here)
Shoes: Kate Spade from David's Footwear


My coworkers wanted to steal these from me. I've not really been a big fan of the metal toed shoes but I loved that these are navy blue, which is a colour that can be very hard to find. I think these are shoes that will be in my wardrobe for a long time.


June 26

Hello colour! I naturally seem to pair these shoes with this dress.

Dress: Heartbreaker (last worn here)
Shoes: Fluevog Pin-ups | Miss April (last worn with this dress)

I'm wearing this dress right now in fact! 


The belt is from another dress which I may or may not have gotten rid of when I moved. I should look for it...hmmmm

June 27

I wore a very similar dress the next day. This time with birds. And a bird pin 

 Dress: Heartbreaker (last worn here)
Belt: Megan Mae (last worn here)
Shoes: Fluevog Fellowship | Kathy (last worn here)

I love these shoes but they have some pretty noticeable scuffs on the toes. You'd be surprised how hard it is to find mauve/lilac shoe polish. HUH! 


My office went out for drinks after work on Thursday. I was feeling a little UGH on Friday morning so I grabbed this new strange dress I bought at a hole in the wall store on Dundas.

June 28


Cardigan: Betsey Johnson (last worn here)
Dress: No tags from Penny Arcade Vintage
Shoes: Fluevog Bellevues | Laura Evans (last worn June 19)

This is a very weird dress. The top part is some kind of large woven fabric and then right above the bust line it changes to linen and a lot of it. There's big pleats at the top so there's tonnes of fabric in the dress.


It's a little hard to tell since it's black to I played with the exposure a bit to show what I'm trying to describe. I asked the store if they knew anything about it and they didn't but suggested that it might have been a sample dress from a local designer. It doesn't look handmade so it wasn't put together by a novice sewer.


I thought it looked pretty good with this shorty cardigan. And who doesn't love wearing their hearts on the outside.

Ok, I'm off to a Vintage Pop-up clothing show. Next post will be full of PRIDE!

9 comments:

  1. I love that orange and blue dress - so bright and energetic!

    I did a post on Pride, inspired by changes afoot in the US toward gay marriage. Maybe someday we'll be as progressive as Canada (if we can dump the southern states. And midwestern states.)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all of these outfits are very cool (as are the shoes), but I particularly love the orange and blue dress, and the "Strange Dress". If you ever tire of either one, let me know ;) Hope you have fun at Pride and get some good Skirt shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great outfits and lovely shoes, as usual!, love that you're back and having fun!, hurrah for Fun!
    and that Fluevog Fellowship are one of my favorite pair of shoes of you, they're really my cup of tea!, wish you luck with that mauve shoe polish!
    love your black dress shape and that pretty cardi is just delightful!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, sometimes you just talk about the clothes and get through a post. Do what works for you, Megan, as long as you enjoy it.

    Love the navy shoes - I have noticed how hard it is to find that colour! You are the queen of the dresses. That new big one is quite amazing. Can't wait to see what you do with the yellow skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love that brightly colored, printed dress! The shoes you paired it with are fab as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have so much style envy, I don't know where to start! Some of of those prints are prophetic all on their own, and I love the bony cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic to find a way to make it work - Ariane is brilliant, and with my outfit photo backlog I may yet figure something out too. Such sweet dresses, especially love the bird print and the outfit with the excellent new black one, O Mistress of the Silhouette and Excellent Proportions. Pride is the absolute perfect setting for your Yellow Skirt Adventure - it's going to be so awesome I can hardly wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete