Monday, July 22, 2013

Flapper girl, flapper girl; prohibition in curls

I got the title for this post from the song Flapper Girl by The Lumineers.



I found this dress at Meow in Guelph on the weekend.

Dress: Gap
Shoes: Fluevog Bellevues | Laura Evans (last worn June 28)

The dress is sheer so I had to buy something to wear underneath it. Just between you and me, I'm wearing a cotton nightie that I bought at Target under it. Don't tell any one!

I love dresses with drop waists. Or empire waists. Or no waists. These are surprisingly hard to find.

In the fall, Fluevog is going to be putting out these shoes in a grey and shiny red colour. So pretty. And those Libby Smiths! Mine, mine, mine!



Look! I'm doing a pose other than my two usual front and back shots! How cheeky. How novel!


8 comments:

  1. Perfect LBD. I'm also way obsessed with the entire Bellevue family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea to use a cotton nightie! I'm stealing it!

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hugely in love with the Belleville family - so comfortable! I just got my new Fluevogs in the mail today - eeee, they are so gorgeous!

    Love that dress on you. I cannot for the life of me wear that dropped waist. Just awful on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Sheila, cannot do drop waists without looking like I have a huge arse, and no waist, never mind a dropped one. How do you look so good in one? Not fair! Good idea about the cotton nightie underneath!
    Those shoes will look fabulous in grey and red,
    Hurrah for flapper girl poses - and is-she-really-naked photos at work! (Catching up on your previous post.) More please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the saucy flapper girl pose - you are letting your cheeky side out to play more often - Yay! I love the button boots in the grey and shiny red. It's a good thing that Fluevogs don't fit me or I'd be in worse shape financially than I already am.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Śliczna sukienka i jak zwykle fantastyczne buty:)))Pozdrawiam serdecznie

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look really lovely wearing drop waists, that sassy flapper look fits you like a dream and your shoes are Simply Fabulous!!
    My shape is not flattered by any drop waist, so sad because I love that flapper look but can do it: I can enjoy it vicariously watching your outfits!!
    besos & flapperism!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chiming in late on the flapper look and cheeky poses suiting you beautifully!

    ReplyDelete