Tuesday, September 3, 2013

End of Summer

Yes I know, technically summer doesn't end for another 3 weeks but after Labour Day it starts to feel like "back to school" and fall. I'm looking forward to wearing tights and boots again. Right now I'm wearing as little as possible and my hair is in pigtails. Humidity is of the devil.

(I actually started this post on Saturday. It's no longer really humid. In fact it's quite cool today.)

Last week was very busy at work so I didn't get many pictures but I have a bunch from earlier this month.


This is from August 14.

Necklace: The Bay
Dress: Gap bought at Meow (last worn here)
Shoes: J. Crew (last worn here)

This necklace is all one piece but is pretty light because it's just made of plastic.

I haven't been around the blog world much but I'm hoping to come out of the other side of this funk I'm in soon. Work isn't overwhelming anymore like it was in August when I was covering my coworker's files while she was on holiday, and we're almost back to a full complement of staff again.



























In other news, I have adopted a cat named Robin Hood. He's about 6 years old and tested positive for Feline Leukemia so his life expectancy isn't long but he reminded me of my dear departed Jetta.

He just arrived yesterday and one of the first things he did was to pee on my floor. He's home alone now so I'm a little worried about what mayhem I'll return to.








OH! I went to see Depeche Mode on Sunday night with my sister. We had great seats - not close enough to get sweated on but the band was very visible without having to watch them on the big screens. I took this video because they had great graphics and images behind them. Particularly this one. (which may or may not show up....)





11 comments:

  1. The dog is going to eat him! Ha, great video!

    Great to see you again, Megan! Love the funky necklace - the Bay always has good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed you, welcome back. Hello Robin Hood! What a cutie. Hope you don't get home to more random weeing... Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, here you are, I worried! All of this outfit suits you well, elegant despite the heat. Glad for the end of work overwhelm and may the funk be over soon. Welcome, Robin Hood!

    I got free DM tickets during their very troubled / meh time in the '90s but their performance quality was impressive - great presence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool necklace - its a real statement piece and a great contrast to the dress. I love the idea of adopting a cat - Robin Hood is marking his territory - when you get home I hope he is asleep and all contented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, hopefully Robin Hood is just claiming his part of the forest and it won't be a regular thing...Kudos to you for taking in a kitty with health challenges; I hope he settles in quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those Depeche Mode boys... they'd probably pee on your floor too if you took them home.
    You look lovely, as does Robin Hood, hope he settles in OK.
    Did you know that Robin Hood is supposed to be from Sheffield, where I live? He's Robin of Loxley, which is an area of the city.
    You're welcome. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! What a handsome boy! I hope his time with you is full of lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robin Hood is a cutie. Hope that was just a one time marking and not a habit. Probably he was a bit nervous

    ReplyDelete
  9. Robin Hood is a cutie. Hope that was just a one time marking and not a habit. Probably he was a bit nervous

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad to see your comment, dear Megan. I yhought you had forgotten about me, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete