Friday, October 11, 2013

Placeholder post

I didn't plan to be gone this long but a few things have happened to keep me from the blog.


  1. My father had surgery here in Toronto at the end of September, was sent home after a week, and ended up back in here with complications. 
  2. My mother is sharing my tiny apartment with me and my cat so between getting up early to go to the hospital before work and then going to the hospital after work and having dinner before going to sleep (me on the couch, mom in my bed), there's not much time for anything else.
  3. My divorce papers were filed in September and approved yesterday with a final divorce date of Nov 10. This makes me happy yet introspective.
Hopefully my father will be released from the hospital early to mid-next week so I can get back to my solitary life.

Here's some instagram photos to tide you over.


Shoes: Fluevog Rivers (last worn here)
Tights: No Brand - from a crazy store on Queen St called Original.
They remind me of William Morris wallpaper



Shoes: Devastee (last worn here)
Jeans: All Saints 

A guy stopped me at Starbucks and asked to "take a clip" of my shoes. Wonder if they showed up in someone's crazy shoe fetish Vine video.


Shoes: Zara (last worn here)
Tights: Emilio Cavallini from Peek Brooklyn


Shoes: Fluevog Fortitude | Luther in Metalic
Tights: Jonathan Aston from Peek Brooklyn

I stalked the Queen Street Fluevog store waiting for these to come in. Then they gave me a blister on the top of my foot just under my big toe. I forgive them though.
Alas these tights bit the dust after this wearing. Might have to replace them.


Robin Hood! (AKA Fuzzy Buddy, Little One, Mr. Hood)

I must correct my earlier statement about RH's health. He is NOT feline leukemia positive. He is positive for Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV+). As long as he stays otherwise healthy, he will have a long happy life. As long as he has wet food. 

18 comments:

  1. Good to see you, Megan.
    You have All The Stuff going on; hope your dad will be OK, that your introspection is fruitful rather than upsetting, and that you get to enjoy your own space again as soon as is reasonable.
    In the meantime - tights and shoes are good. Oh yes, your feet are definitely starring in a fetish video somewhere. Be proud!
    Mr H is a very handsome fellow. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a lot going on. I'm glad the diagnosis for your kitty is better than you originally thought. I hope your dad recovers quickly too. Once you get over this hump, it seems like you'll have a clean slate and room in your life for new adventures. Hang in there--I'll be thinking of ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your father recovers soon and I'm sure you will give Mr. Hood a long and happy life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see your post. Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your father. I hope he'll be able to go home soon, and you can all get back to a normal life. Your shoes and tights all look fabulous, and I'm glad your kitty is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome leg shots!
    I'm sad to hear about your dad's complications - it makes your banner photo more wistful-looking in that context. It's great that you're there as a support to you mum too, but make sure you get enough sleep and food and drink (I'm your second mum now - you can tell me to FO, LOL) Here's to a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the tights/shoes shots!! Very eyecandy!

    Also hello kittycat! I'm glad Robin Hood found a loving new furever home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can so relate to your situation. Mine was similar but many years ago. I am happy now. I lost my mother, my home, my marriage and children within 2 months. It took a while to become able to function well. I couldn't focus. I'm sending good thoughts and love and I hope you are better soon. And your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about your Dad - it's stressful enough to have surgery, without having to endure complications afterwards. Sharing your space can be a challenge for us solitary-dwellers, so I hope you get your own space back soon, with your fuzzy kitty. I want to say I'm happy that your papers arrived, but I know that is a mixed emotion event too.

    I finally made it to the Original Store on Queen West and could have spent a long time there. Love the floral tights, and your black and white shoes (where did you get those?).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear all the stuff going on, just do your family time-work-eat-sleep thing and I for one look forward to seeing you back when things calm down. Hope your Dad gets better soon. But your Instagrams were a treat! I tell you, it was only a matter of time before the shoe fetishers caught you! You could charge for shoe video footage... Which could keep you in shoes??! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ach, sympathy for having all those things going on at once! I hope your father gets better soon and that you can get back to a more peaceful life rhythm. I also liked the kitty picture -- he looks like a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your father recovers quickly!
    I had to laugh about the guy who asked to take a clip of your shoes. I know someone who used to earn money selling his photos to a foot fetish site. He did take some stealthy foot shots of random women!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sending prayers and positive vibes forth for your Dad. I love the tights; I had a pair almost identical to your blue flowered ones way back in the mid 80's. Got mine on a trip to Germany. I'd wear them to work (and others I bought), and people would stare at my legs from the 1st floor all the way up to the 11th when I got off. I loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sending best wishes your way. Sounds like you're going through a whole lot. Hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mr. Hood is a lovely fellow, reminds me of my dear Othello. Wet food is the best for cats anyway.

    Good vibes to your family and your dad. So much stress for you - take care of yourself, okay? Love seeing all your gorgeous shoes and I WANT those William Morris-y tights.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you've got an eventual life right now -- best wishes for your dad's speedy recovery (and the restoration of your normal routine). And with all the introspection as well...always good I think when moving through a life change. Good and very healthy.

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, no one can blame you for being absent from your blog. I hope things settle down a little soon and that your father feels better soon.
    Great shoes, but nothing less would be expected from you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Praying for you and your dear ones. Trusting that all manner of things shall be well.

    ReplyDelete